Our favourite Schwalbe front tyre.
The Schwalbe Nobby Nic features sizeable knobs that are well spaced, meaning unprecedented grip in a wide variety of terrains.
Well suited to the rider that is not too concerned about the fastest tyre out there - more concerned about making his passes on the corners and descents.
Available in the following compounds -
- Pacestar (PSC) Triple compound designed for XC racing. Firm rubber base, Medium density rubber overlay in the centre, with Medium-Soft overlay on outer knobs.
- Offroad racing road (ORC) Special rubber compound that Schwalbe developed for MTB tyres.
Available in the following casings -
- EVO - Premium, lightweight and tubeless ready casing using the latest technology materials.
- Snakeskin - A lightweight flexible carcass built into the sidewall to prevent gashes.
- Double defense - Maximum flat protection. Uses a high density guard on the outside of the tyre, and SnakeSkin on the sidewall to prevent gashes.
- UST - Tubeless specific casing designed for no-leak sealing. Non-porus liner on the inside of the tyre - will not leak if the outer casing is damaged.
- Performance series - Pricepoint option to that is tubeless ready. ORC rubber compound only.
In a class of its own.
All round favorite and for many years a serial winner of MTB tire tests. Why? Nobby Nic is unbelievably versatile. The tread offers unbeatable control in any conditions. Thanks to its compounding and construction at the highest Evo level it is light and fast in competition. This astonishing performance makes it a true "Allgrounder".